We run a number of Royal Life Saving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) courses to equip people with the right skills to apply for jobs like pool lifeguards and leisure attendants.
To qualify you will need to:
- be 16 years of age prior to assessment
- complete a minimum of 36 contact hours of theory and practical training prior to assessment
- complete exercises in ‘The Lifeguard’ manual during the course
On the first day of the course your swimming ability and water confidence will be tested.
You must be able to:
- jump into the deep end
- swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- swim continuously 100 metres on front and back
- dive to the deepest part of the pool and retrieve a manikin
- tread water for 30 seconds
- climb out of the pool unassisted
- It is essential that you are capable of passing the swimming ability and confidence test, you will need the skills tested to undertake the tasks during training.
- If you fail to pass you will not be able to carry on and your fee payment will not be refunded.