Celtic Leisure are running a train to appoint Royal Life Saving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) for people aged 16+ this half term at Aberavon Leisure & Fitness Centre.
To qualify you will need to:
- Be 16 years of age prior to assessment
- Jump / dive into the deep end
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim continuously 100 metres on front and 100m continuously on back
- Dive to the deepest part of the pool and retrieve a manikin
- In deep water, tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out of the pool unaided without using a ladder / steps where the pool design permits
- It is essential that you are capable of passing the swimming ability and confidence test, you will need the skills tested to undertake the tasks during training.
- If you fail to pass you will not be able to carry on and your fee payment will not be refunded.
Terms & conditions
- An Interview and a Pool Test will be conducted prior to acceptance on the course
- On successful completion of the NPLQ course casual work will be offered, subject to a DBS check and Health clearance.
- If 37 hours of Lifeguard shifts for Celtic Leisure are worked prior to 31st December 2021 £100 of the course fee will be returned to you.
- If hours are not offered due to not being able to perform lifeguard duties the £100 would not be refunded. This could include but not limited to failure or nonattendance of the ongoing Lifesaving staff training.