Celtic Leisure run Royal Life Saving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualifications (NPLQ) at our pools.
To qualify you will need to:
- Be 16 years of age prior to assessment
- Jump / dive into the deep end
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim continuously 100 metres on front and 100m continuously on back
- Dive to the deepest part of the pool and retrieve a manikin
- In deep water, tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out of the pool unaided without using a ladder / steps where the pool design permits
- It is essential that you are capable of passing the swimming ability and confidence test, you will need the skills tested to undertake the tasks during training.
- If you fail to pass you will not be able to carry on and your fee payment will not be refunded.