Children under 8 must be supervised according to these ratios:
Children Under The Age Of 4 Years Must Be Accompanied By A Responsible Person (One Child To One Adult).
Children Between 4 And 7 Years Must Be Accompanied By A Responsible Person (Two Children To One Adult).
Children Aged 8 Years And Above Can Enter Without Supervision, however any child who is not a confident swimmer must be supervised regardless of age.
It is really important to us that you have as much fun as possible while you’re at Celtic Leisure , but it is also really important to us that you stay safe.
Dylan The Dolphin spends a lot of time with us and is good friends with the lifeguard team who will keep you safe while you are having fun but, they need your help.
Here are Dylan’s top safety tips to help you have fun and be safe when you’re at Celtic Leisure.
- Read all the signs in the pools they will help you to stay safe.
- Stay in your depth.
- Always walk around the pool.
- No diving.
- Always follow the lifeguard’s instructions.
- You must be 1.1m to go on the waterslides
- Don’t eat before you go swimming..
Tips For Parents
- Check how many lifeguards are on duty and where they are positioned.
- Do not leave your child unattended, even if they are wearing a swimming aid.
- If you or your child are feeling at all unwell do not start swimming. If you are already swimming, swim to the edge of the pool and alert a lifeguard.
- Remind your child to walk in the pool area and only to enter the water with you.
- Encourage your child to watch what the lifeguards do and begin to identify which activities in the pool are dangerous.
- Enrol your child in swimming or personal survival classes.
- Do not swim under the influence of alcohol or if you have taken illicit drugs.
- If taking prescription or over-the-counter medication, check whether it affects physical exercise or if it will cause drowsiness.
- Normal swim wear should be worn.
- Under 2’s must wear a swim nappy.